Monday, February 06, 2006

Instruments for NOLA Musicians

The Jazz Foundation of America is still working with many displaced musicians who lost instruments during Hurricane Katrina. I've been honored to help them coordinate this effort. We're working with musicians who lost all sorts of instruments, so all offers are very welcome. We've had a particularly difficult time replacing flugelhorns, soprano & baritone saxes, and all manner of keyboards. Anyone who might be able to help is more than welcome to hit me at jb192 *at* nyu *dot* edu

The Foundation has been able to offer some incredible assistance, including replacing over 25 drums sets and 11 pianos. They have provided extensive financial assistance as well. Personally, I feel very strongly about the instrument replacement efforts. Its more than just temporary assistance. It helps working musicians resume their careers, and represents an economic future. If think you might me able to help, send me an e-mail and I'll give you the specifics. And check out JFA's work here: http://www.jazzfoundation.org/new_orleans.php